Cucumber & Seaweed Salad
Kick start the summer with our refreshingly delicious cucumber seaweed salad paired with a perfectly balanced english mustard and sesame dressing!
Method (serves 2)
• Slice the ends of a cucumber and cut it lengthways into a half.
• Remove the seeds with a spoon. Slice thinly into 2mm thick slices.
• Soak the dried seaweed in a bowl of water until it opens out and becomes soft.
• Put the cucumber and seaweed in a colander. Drain and squeeze of the excess water. Put them in a bowl and mix together.
• Put the ingredients for the sauce into a bowl. Mix well until creamy.
• To serve, put the cucumber salad on a plate. Drizzle over the sauce.
• Garnish with cress and sesame seeds and serve.
- 1 Cucumber
- ¼ cup Dried wakame seaweed
- 1tsp of sea salt
For the dressing:
- 2tbsp Sesame paste (tahini)
- 1 ½ tsp Clear Honey
- 1tbsp Soy sauce
- 2tbsp Rice vinegar
- ½ tsp Japanese or English mustard
- 1tbsp Water
- Black sesame seeds
- You can top this salad with cooked squid, prawns or tofu.
- Make plenty of the dressing. You can use it for salad leaves and cooked vegetables including broccoli, cauliflower or asparagus.
Recipes created by Yuki Gomi in conjuction with Yakult