Broccoli and Sugar Snap Peas with Walnut Sauce
Try this simple yet healthy idea and enjoy your fresh greens with a delicious nutty dressng!
Method (serves 4)
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add some salt.
- Cut the broccoli into bite size florets.
- Cook the broccoli and sugar snap peas for 2-3 minutes. Keep them crunchy by not over cooking.
- Cool them down with cold water and drain well.
- For the sauce, grind the walnuts into a paste with a pestle and mortar.
- Gradually add the tahini, honey, soy sauce and water.
- Toss the broccoli and sugar snap peas with the walnut sauce, and serve.
• 100g sugar snap peas
• ½ a head broccoli
• 1 tbs sea salt
• 1/3 cup roasted walnuts
• 2 tbs tahini
• 1 ½ tbs honey
• 2 tbs soy sauce
• 1-2 tbs water
- You can use different types of nuts: cashew, peanut or almond for the sauce.
- Why not try asparagus or green beans when they are in season.
- Keep the greens crunchy by not over cooking.
Recipe created by Yuki Gomi in conjuction with Yakult.