Method – Serves 2
- Wipe the Kombu with a cloth. The Kombu shouldn’t be washed, only wiped clean.
- Rinse the Shiitake mushrooms. Put 1 litre of water in a pan and soak the Kombu and mushrooms for at least 30 minutes. Don’t drain or throw away the liquid, this will become the dashi stock.
- Squeeze out the mushrooms that have been soaking. Remove them from the water. Set them to one side. Leave the kombu in the water.
- Heat the water up on a medium heat. As the water comes to a boil, turn off the heat and take out the Kombu.
- Put the soy sauce, mirin and dashi into a pan and bring to a boil.
- When it starts boiling, remove from the heat.
- Pour the sauce into a sauce plate
- Grate the daikon and set to one side.