Lunch & Dinner Recipes
Lentil Pomegranate Salad with Tahini Dressing
Beans and lentils are high in galacto-oligosaccharides, or GOS, a type of prebiotic. Beneficial gut bacteria use GOS as fuel to grow and thrive and keep our gut healthy.
11.75 Plant Points
Prep: 10 mins | Cooking: 1-2 mins
- 150g Fresh pickled red onion, drained
- 250g Pouch mixed grains
- 250g Pouch Puy lentils
- 80g Mixed seeds and nuts, such as pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, walnuts, almonds, toasted
- 25g Dried cranberries
- 25g Pack parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 100g Tahini
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1 Combine the pickled onion, grains, lentils, seeds and nuts, cranberries and the parsley in a large salad bowl.
- 2 Whisk together the oil and ½ the lemon juice and pour over salad, transfer to a serving bowl.
- 3 For the tahini dressing, whisk together remaining lemon juice, 4 tbsp water, cumin, a pinch of salt and tahini. Drizzle the tahini dressing over the salad and scatter over the pomegranate seeds to serve.
Use your favourite grains and seeds to make this simple but impressive salad. For extra plant points you can add a wider variety of nuts and seeds.