"Every day, dedicate
solely to yourself."
Take time for you
Fancy a pamper day? Why not try out our DIY home beauty treatments.
Energising Hand and Foot Scrub
Our hands do so much hard work for us and a quick treat can do wonders! This energising hand and foot scrub is packed with oats to calm and hydrate the skin, rice for exfoliation, ginger for uplifting and revitalising, and sunflower oil to delicately nourish hands and feet.
• 2 tbsp Rice
• 2 tbsp Oats
• 2 tsp Ginger powder / grated ginger
• 4 tbsp Sunflower oil (or similar)
• *Optional: ½ bottle Yakult Original / Yakult Light or Water / Milk
1. Mix all the ingredients together, allow to stand for 5 – 10 minutes to soften the oats and rice.
For your hands – sit at a table and place a hand towel under your hands.
2. Take a tablespoon of the mixture and rub between your palms, backs of your hands and around the wrists.
3. Gently massage hands for 3 – 5 minutes working down each finger and thumb, around each knuckle, including the nail beds. Use your thumbs to thoroughly massage into the palms of the opposite hand. Add more mixture if needed.
4. Leave this on your hands for up to 15 minutes then rinse off.
Tip: You can cover your hands with a small recycled plastic bag or similar and a towel to let the mixture nourish your skin.
You can use the same method for your feet – have a damp towel or a bowl of warm water ready to thoroughly rinse your feet so you don't slip walking with the mask on your feet.
Restorative Face Mask
Face masks are a great way to treat the skin and take a moment for self-care. The restorative face mask uses honey as a key ingredient, with skin healing, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Oats soothe and provide a gentle exfoliation, the black tea is rich in antioxidants, while coconut oil replenishes and nourishes the skin.
• 1 tsp Honey
• 1 tsp Coconut oil (sunflower or almond if you have spot prone skin)
• Black or green tea - ½ contents of a bag or ½ tsp of loose tea
• 3 tbsp Oats
• *Optional: ¼ Yakult Original / Yakult Light or Water/ Milk
1. Mix all the ingredients together (soften coconut oil), let mixture stand for 5 – 15 minutes to allow the oats to soak.
2. Cleanse the face with your regular cleanser, then apply the mask using your finger-tips. Leave for 5 – 15 minutes.
3. Dampen with warm water to soften, then massage gently over the whole face to gently exfoliate.
4. Remove thoroughly with a warm damp cloth. Ensure any residue is removed.
5. Pat skin dry and apply your favourite serum and moisturiser.
Tip: the mixture can be put in the fridge before application for a cool face mask!
Nourishing Hair Rinse
A hair rinse can help eliminate a bad hair day and leave your locks feeling soothed and hydrated. This nourishing hair rinse is enriched with vinegar to lower the pH of the scalp, reducing breakage, damage and flattening hair follicles. The oil will naturally nourish and hydrate the scalp and hair shaft, providing a soothing washing experience.
• 5 tsp Sunflower / sesame / olive oil
• 1 tbsp Rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar / apple cider
• 1 Yakult Original / Yakult Light or water/ milk
1. Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix together.
2. Wash your hair with your normal shampoo, then apply the hair rinse to your hair and scalp, and massage down the ends. Massage your scalp in a firm slow shampooing action.
3. Wrap your hair in a towel and leave to absorb for 30 minutes (it can be left overnight).
4. Rinse your hair with a little bit of shampoo. Dry as normal.
Created by Abigail James in conjunction with Yakult