Sweet Potato Chickpea Bowl
Easy Protein-packed bowl recipe that is loaded with sweet potato, chickpeas, colourful vegetables, and topped with creamy coriander dressing!
Method (serves 2)
• Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
• Toss the sweet potatoes with salt, pepper, and paprika. Repeat this step for the chickpeas.
• Arrange the sweet potatoes in a single layer in the tray. Arrange the chickpeas next to the potatoes.
• Drizzle olive oil all over the potatoes and chickpeas.
• Bake in the preheated oven for 25 - 30 minutes, or just until the sweet potatoes are tender and chickpeas are crispy.
• Place the Kale on a baking tray. Drizzle with oil and season with salt & pepper. Bake for 4-5 minutes, or until crispy.
• Rinse the quinoa in a mesh colander and drain well.
• Combine the quinoa with 2 cups of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, and let it simmer. Cook for 10 to 20 minutes, or until the quinoa has absorbed all the water.
• Remove from heat. Let it steam for 5 minutes with the lid on so it’s nice and fluffy.
• Divide the cooked quinoa between 2 bowls.
• On the bed of quinoa, arrange the roasted sweet potatoes & chickpeas, shredded purple cabbage, crispy kale, and sliced avocado between the bowls.
• For Mojo Dressing - Place coriander, jalapeños, salt in a blender, and process smooth. Add 5 tablespoons of olive oil and juice of 1/2 lime.
• Drizzle the dressing on the side. Sprinkle mixed seeds, salt & pepper. Serve with lime wedges.
- 2 cups Quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 Sweet Potato, sliced
- ½ tsp Paprika
- 1 ½ Cup Cooked Chickpeas
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cups of Kale, large stem removed
- ½ cup Purple Cabbage, shredded
- ½ 1 Avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds
- Lime, wedges
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 5 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ lime, juiced
- If the dressing is a bit thick, add 2-3 tablespoons of water to adjust the consistency.