Oriental Tofu Rice Noodles
A taste of The Orient is guaranteed with the classic ingredients used in this simple but tasty tofu based dish. To make it super-speedy, marinate the tofu the day before.
Method (serves 4)
- Bring 100mls of water to the boil, and add in the almond nut butter, lime juice and zest and mix well. Once cool, add the drained tofu and ensure it is well coated. Leave for at least 30 minutes or overnight in the fridge.
- Cook the noodles as per instructions on the packet. Drain.
- Meanwhile, stir fry the mangetout in chilli infused olive oil for 3 minutes and add the pak choy for a further 2 minutes to soften, add in the drained noodles and tofu along with the marinade.
- Stir fry to heat through.
• Rice noodles – see serving suggestion on the packet
• Cumin powder, turmeric powder mixed well with the peanut butter mixture – 1tsp of each
• 4 pak choy
• 20 pods mangetout
• 6 tbsp almond nut butter
• Juice and zest of 1 lime
• 400g tofu, cubed
• 1-2 tbsp chilli infused olive oil
• 1-2 red chillies, depending on preference
• Salt – to taste
There are different varieties of rice noodles available, so experiment with different brands and thicknesses to get your desired preference. Instead of tofu you can use chicken, pork or fish
Recipe devised by Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist Alison Clark for the 2015 Gut Week Campaign