Miso Yoghurt Chicken
Give your meals some TLC with this delicious unique marinade, perfected with Japanese flavours.
Method (serves 2)
• Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
• Rub the sauce on the chicken and marinate for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
• Remove any excess marinade from the chicken.
• Cook the chicken on a griddle pan on high heat. Cook for 1 minute on each side until golden.
• Place in a preheated oven at 200c for 15-20 minutes, until cooked.
• Serve as a main, alongside rice, salads or a miso soup.
- 350-400g Chicken thigh or 2 chicken breast
- 50g White miso
- 60g Greek yoghurt
- 2tsp Mirin
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Chopped chives
- Roasted sesame seeds, white or black
- Marinate the chicken up to two days in the fridge for more flavour.
- Try using different types of meat such as beef, pork or lamb.
- Try different types of miso to vary the flavour.
Recipes created by Yuki Gomi in conjuction with Yakult