Chicken and lentil soup
Try our "souper" quick and easy recipe for a filling high protein meal; made in one pot and ready to eat in about 30 minutes!
Method (serves 4)
- Place the chicken thighs into a large saucepan.
- Fry with the onions, garlic and carrot for around 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, tomatoes, lentils, celery and dried parsley.
- Cook over a medium heat for 25 minutes.
• 6 Chicken thighs
• 200g Lentils (tinned, pre-cooked)
• 1 Onion (large, chopped)
• 2 Garlic cloves (chopped)
• 750ml Chicken or vegetable stock
• 2 Carrots (chopped)
• 2 Celery sticks (chopped)
• 200g Tomatoes (tinned)
• 2 tsp Parsley (dried)
- Energy: 424Kcal
- Protein: 46g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- of which sugars: 11g
- Fat: 16.7g
- Fibre: 7.2g
- Salt: 0.9g
Approx. nutritional figures per serving size of 400g