Aubergine Dip with Wheat-free Pitta
This easy to prepare recipe can be used to as a dip or a spread on warmed pitta, rice cakes, oatcakes or slice some peppers, carrots and cucumber and dive right in!
Method (serves 4)
- Heat grill to very hot, slice aubergine in half, length ways and grill for 25 minutes until soft.
- Take off the grill and leave until cool to handle. Score the grilled flesh and spoon out.
- Tip into a bowl with the rest of the ingredients and mash until desired consistency.
- Serve with toasted wheat free pitta bread or try with other alternatives such as oat cakes or crudities.
• 2 medium aubergines – grilled, peeled and pureed
• 150mls plain pouring yogurt
• 1 large handful flat leaf parsley
• 1 tsp cumin powder
• 2 tbsp tahini
• 2-3 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
• 1 wheat free pitta per person
• Salt – to taste
2 tbsp plain yogurt
Recipe devised by Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist Alison Clark for the 2015 Gut Week Campaign