Spicy tomato baked eggs
The full flavour of cooked cherry tomatoes is a real treat for your taste buds in the morning.
Method (serves 4)
- In a frying pan or shallow dish with a lid, heat the olive oil and gently sweat the red onion, chilli and garlic until soft.
- Add the tinned cherry tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper and simmer for 15 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Stir from time to time so that it doesn’t burn on the bottom and then gently crack 4 eggs into the pan on top of the tomato sauce.
- Put the lid on and continue to simmer gently for about 6 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your taste then scatter with coriander and serve with fresh bread.
- ½ tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Sliced red onions
- 1 Red chilli, deseeded and chopped or a large pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 800g Tinned cherry tomatoes (2 tins)
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 Eggs