Portobello mushroom and Parmesan baked eggs
In the depths of winter this is just the sort of heart-warming start to the day you need to keep you going. This recipe is for four servings but you can reduce the amounts as required.
Method (serves 4)
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC.
- Melt the butter and brush it onto the insides of four ramekins.
- Fry the slices mushrooms with the remaining butter for about 4 minutes, and divide equally into the dishes.
- Pour the cream over the mushrooms and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Break an egg gently into each dish and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Place the dishes in a roasting tin, and pour boiling water into the tin so it comes half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 15 minutes for a soft yolk, then remove from the oven carefully and serve with a teaspoon.
- For an extra decadent touch, drizzle with truffle oil and garnish with shavings of parmesan and some parsley.
- Serve with buttered toast.
- 25g Butter
- 3 Portobello mushrooms
- 142ml Double cream
- 4 Large fresh eggs
- 20g Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Truffle oil (optional)