Chorizo, tomato and poached egg with fennel seed, chilli, and lemon creme fraiche
Sometimes you need a boost to start your day and this tasty spiced chorizo dish provides just that. Combined with the juicy cherry tomatoes and red fiery chilli you will be ready to face anything.
Method (Serves 2)
- Prepare the tomatoes in the evening before breakfast.
- Halve them and toss them in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Put them on a baking tray and place in an oven preheated to 180°C.
- After 10 minutes, turn off the oven and leave the tomatoes in to dry out gently overnight.
- In the morning, halve the English muffin and place in the toaster ready to toast.
- Mix the crème fraîche, chilli, fennel seeds, lemon zest and crushed garlic together and squeeze in lemon juice to taste.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat one pan of water to poach the eggs and, in another, some olive oil to fry the chorizo sausage in.
- Halve the chorizos lengthways and put them in the pan face down to cook. Once they have browned turn them over and cook the other side.
- Poach two eggs simultaneously and push down the English muffin to toast before buttering it or drizzling it with a little olive oil.
- Once everything is cooked assemble a poached egg on top of the muffin with 2 halves of chorizo on top, arrange the tomatoes around the outside and drizzle with the crème fraîche mixture.
- 2 Good quality cooking chorizo sausages
- A mixture of colourful cherry tomatoes
- 2 Eggs
- 100ml Crème fraîche
- ½ Red chilli
- 1 Lemon
- ½ Clove garlic
- ½ tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 English muffin
- Salt and pepper to taste