Cherry coconut almond granola
This recipe makes enough granola to last for a couple of weeks, provided you keep it in an airtight container. It is packed with energy and is a great way to start the day, either with milk or yoghurt and some fruit.
Method (makes 15 servings)
- Warm the coconut oil with the honey and maple syrup in a pan.
- Mix all the dried ingredients except the cherries together in a large bowl, and pour the liquid from the pan into it.
- Toss the mixture in the pan around until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture in a thin layer on a baking tray and transfer to an oven preheated to 170°C for 15 minutes, checking and turning every few minutes.
- When it has all lightly browned, remove from the oven and leave to cool; add the cherries and store in an airtight container.
- 300g Rolled oats
- 50g Pumpkin seeds
- 50g Poppy seeds
- 150g Desiccated or shredded coconut
- 150g Flaked almonds
- 200g Dried cherries
- 50g Sunflower seeds
- 50g Sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp Coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Honey