Caramelised pineapple with coconut yoghurt
These tropical tastes can really cheer up a wintry morning. You can make this a totally dairy-free breakfast if you replace the butter with coconut oil and make sure you use coconut yoghurt made solely from coconut milk
Method (serves 2)
- Cut the top and bottom off the pineapple and cut off the skin, making sure you remove all the eyes.
- Cut it into rounds about 1.5cm thick, quarter them, then cut off the woody core.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and when it is bubbling, add the pineapple and cook for 1-2 minutes until it is starting to brown.
- Turn over the pineapple and sprinkle the sugar over it.
- Give the pan a good shake to coat the wedges and cook for a further minute.
- Serve with a spoonful of coconut yoghurt and the zest of a lime.
- 400g Fresh pineapple
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 15g Butter
- 120g Coconut yoghurt
- Lime zest