This is an American classic. A good blueberry muffin is hard to beat, and you can make loads in a single batch to hand around, or keep in an airtight container for a few days.
Method (makes 12)
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy and then gradually add the eggs, beating between each addition until it is all incorporated.
- Next sift the flour, baking powder and salt and fold a third of it into the butter mixture.
- Add a third of the milk and then another third of the flour mixture.
- Repeat until all ingredients have been used up, and then carefully fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the mixture between 12 muffin cases and scatter the oats over them.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180ºC for 25 minutes.
- 60g Butter
- 115g Caster sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 250g Plain flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 125ml Milk
- 150g Blueberries
- 25g Oats
- Pinch of salt