Berry compote with cinnamon bagels
A lovely fresh compote is really easy to make and will last in the fridge for days. The sharpness contrasts really well with a bagel and is a great way to use all those late summer berries.
Method (Makes 400g)
- Melt the sugar in the water in a pan over a medium heat, and add the vanilla pod.
- Put the berries in the mixture and keep heating until the berries start to burst.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Serve with toasted and buttered cinnamon bagels.
- 100g Raspberries
- 100g Blackberries
- 100g Blueberries
- 100g Quartered strawberries
- 3 tbsp Caster sugar
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 Vanilla pod
- Cinnamon bagels to serve