Asparagus, Parma ham and quail eggs with Parmesan shavings
The English asparagus season doesn’t last for long, so you need to make the most of it. Breakfast is a good place to start! This recipe also works well for lunch on a warm day.
Method (serves 2)
- Bring two pans of water to the boil and lower the quail eggs into one, and the asparagus into the other.
- After just under 3 minutes, remove the quail eggs and drop them into a large bowl of very cold water.
- The asparagus will be ready shortly afterwards and can be removed from its pan.
- Arrange half of the Parma ham on each plate and scatter some rocket over it.
- Lay the asparagus on top, and peel and add the quail eggs.
- Finish with some shavings of Parmesan cheese.
- 1 Bunch asparagus (approx 200g)
- 6 Quail eggs
- 100g Parma ham
- 30g Parmesan cheese shavings
- 35g Fresh rocket