These are American-style fluffy pancakes but with delicious apricots included within them. Instead of more butter, we suggest a nice apricot purée to pour on top of them.
Method (serves 3)
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the milk, egg and melted butter, then mix this into the dry ingredients until you have a smooth batter.
- Leave it to rest while you cut the apricots into varying sized pieces.
- Add the apricots to the batter and stir through.
- Heat a little butter in a large non-stick frying pan.
- Ladle the batter into the pan, 1 ladleful should do each pancake, and make sure you scoop up some of the apricots each time.
- Cook both sides until golden brown. Add more butter to the pan when required.
- You can make an apricot purée to pour over by simply blending 2-3 apricots and pushing them through a sieve.
- 3 Ripe apricots
- 190g Plain flour
- 10g Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 10g White sugar
- 295ml Milk
- 1 Egg
- 45g Butter