"Over 80 years of scientific experience."
Keep going ... don't give up!
Having trouble keeping your New Year's resolutions, try our simple strategies to help you stay on track.
- Don't set yourself to fail - pick achievable goals ones you have strong motivation to succeed in.
- Make your resolutions a habit – incorporate your goals into a change of lifestyle.
- Visibility – write your goals down, leave them as reminders in places you see daily.
- Share your goals with others - enlist the help of a “buddy”, support from friends and colleagues is essential.
- Break your goals into groups of mini targets - achieving smaller bite-size targets will give you motivation as you move towards your final end goal.
- Measure your progress – mark your success on a calendar or place a coin in a pot for each day that is achieved.
- Don’t feel pressure to set goals in January, February is also a great time to start.
- And remember, if you fall off the proverbial bike; get straight back on it!
Make every step a positive one!