Apple compote with prunes and Greek yoghurt
The ingredients can be increased to make as much delicious apple compote as you need, which you can keep in the fridge or even the freezer! This is a very healthy and quick breakfast which tastes wonderful and fresh.
Method (serves 4)
- Peel and core the apples and put them in a pan with the sugar over a medium high heat.
- Add 3 tablespoons of water and cook for 20 minutes until the apples have turned very soft.
- This can be whizzed in the blender if you prefer a finer texture, or left nice and chunky.
- Let this cool and then top with yoghurt and prunes.
- 5-6 Bramley apples
- 170g Sugar
- 8 Prunes soaked in water overnight
- 200ml Greek yoghurt
- 3 tbsp Water
- Energy: 338.3 Kcal
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrates: 65.8g
- of which sugars: 65.8g
- Fat: 5.5g
- Fibre: 4g
- Salt: 0.1g
Approx. nutritional figures per serving size of 195g