Japanese Meat Patties 'Tsukune'
Dig into these Japanese meat patties packed with flavour with our quick and easy recipe!
Method (serves 4)
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix with your hands until sticky.
- Divide into 12 balls and shame them into rounded oval patties.
- Dust with katakuri flour.
- Heat the oil in a non-sticky frying pan over a medium heat.
- Cook the patties 3 minutes on each side, checking they are cooked thoroughly.
- Reduce the heat.
- Pour the sauce mixture into the pan and caramelise with the meat.
• 300g minced pork
• 4 shitake mushrooms
• 1 tbs miso
• 1 tbs mirin
• 1 tbs sake
• 1 tbs soy sauce
• 1 tsp sugar
• 1tsp grated ginger
• ¼ cup Panko (Japanese breadcrumb)
• 1 medium egg (beaten)
• Oil for cooking
• Katakuri flour for dusting
• 2 tbs mirin
• 2 tbs soy sauce
• 1tbs sake
- Try using a different type of meat: chicken or turkey.
- Use cornflour as an alternative to katakuri flour.
Recipe created by Yuki Gomi in conjuction with Yakult