Mediterranean ham with oven dried tomatoes
This recipe is really good for a late weekend breakfast, especially if you’re in a country which produces delicious cured ham. The sharpness of the dried tomatoes contrasts with the salty ham, and the oil and basil leaves add a real freshness.
Method (serves 2)
- Prepare the tomatoes the evening before breakfast.
- Halve them and toss them in olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Put them on a baking tray and place in an oven preheated to 180°C.
- After 10 minutes, turn off the oven and leave the tomatoes in to dry out gently overnight.
- Toast the sourdough and drizzle it with the olive oil on a plate.
- Arrange the Parma ham on top, with the tomatoes.
- Tear a few basil leaves to scatter on top.
- 6 Slices Parma ham
- 14 Cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Slices sourdough bread
- Basil leaves