Avocado hummus (with toasted rye bread)
This recipe relies on the natural oil from the avocado, rather than the addition of olive oil. It is good and lemony, and will keep for a few days in the fridge, ready to be snacked on. Best of all, it only takes seconds to make.
Method (Serves 6)
- Blend the ingredients together in a food processor.
- Adjust seasoning to your liking; add more Tabasco sauce if you prefer a slightly pokier breakfast to get you going.
- Spread onto freshly toasted rye bread and enjoy.
- 1 400g Tin of chickpeas
- 1 Ripe avocado, skinned and stoned
- ½ Clove garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- ½ tsp Ground cumin
- ½ tsp Ground coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp of Tabasco sauce
- Toasted rye bread to serve (optional)